Seven simple principles
Based on seven principles for employers, the guidance promotes a change in workplace culture. The principles illustrate best practice on making the workplace safer, more open and trusting for the workforce.
This includes ways in which employers can help remove barriers to work so workers can perform at your best. By applying these principles, employers can develop a supportive environment in which you can thrive.
- Create a supportive and enabling workplace
- Take an inclusive approach to workplace health
- Understand the work barriers that impact on workers
- Make suitable workplace adjustments or modifications
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding
- Use effective and accessible communication
- Support sickness absence and return to work